Tree Bracing & Cabling
When prescribing structural reinforcement techniques for your trees, our team of qualified professionals carefully consider the trees risks, dynamics, and health in deciding what should be done. Usually, with a visual assessment and consultation on your trees, determine what is needed to save them or make them more structurally sound. All trees are different and all severities of structural deformation have different stages, saving trees is often a costly service. It is always best to contact us and determine what service is best for your situation, as it may end up requiring something you may not have thought of at first.
Modern Techniques in Cabling & Bracing
Cabling and bracing are the two most common forms of structural support for trees. They involve installing flexible cables or rigid rods to reduce the chances of failure for the tree’s growth. Cables are typically installed high in the tree, and rigid rods are installed much lower, just above or below the defect area. Cables are always a stronger alternative over rods because of their greater leverage and flexibility. Using rigid rods and cables together strengthen the outcome of the tree.
When Would You Use These Techniques?
There are three major uses of cabling and bracing:
- Prevention– To reduce the chance of failure on a healthy tree with structural weakness.
- Restoration – to prolong the existence of a damaged tree, such as a tree that lost one of the main branches in its structure.
- Mitigation– to reduce the hazard potential of a tree, such as a multi-stem tree near a heavy traffic area.
Things To Consider Before We Step In:
- Is this a reasonable treatment for the tree? Or is the tree near the end of its life?
- Can the cost of the procedure be justified for this single tree? Are there more pressing needs in the client’s landscape?
- Is the tree healthy and houses enough wood to anchor to and support the prescribed bracing system?
- Make sure you understand there is no guarantee of saving a tree.
- The cable will need to be inspected and installed and checked back on a few years after its installation.
What Does Our Process Look Like?
First, have one of our professionals assess the trees’ overall structural integrity and health. There are many signs we can see which are not always visible and our experience can help with that. The proper placement is the key to the installation of any of the recommended techniques.
Trees are complex living organisms and they need to move and bend and flex to sense where they need response wood for strength. When a tree bends, flexes and moves in the wind, the wood below the bark receives a response and therefore knows where to grow and strengthen itself. Our techniques are much less invasive – rather than drilling into the tree and inserting bolts which are considered an old technique. Our dynamic support systems go around the tree and expand as the tree grows, therefore not damaging the outer of the tree as well.
If we install static or steel cables with bolts into the tree we take this ability away from the tree. Only in extreme circumstances, we will resort to bolts to attempt to save a tree in a severe situation.
Do you require the assessment of a tree in need?
If you have a tree with a structural concern, please contact National City Tree Trimming and Stump Grinding Services today!
If you need any of these services, come to us and we will be able to help you in the best way possible.
- Tree Removal
- Tree Planting
- Tree Pruning
- Tree Stump Grinding & Stump Removal
- Tree Trimming
- Tree Bracing & Cabling
- Tree Healthcare
- Tree Assessments
- Land Clearing
- Tree Cutting
- Arborist Consultations
- Deep Root Injection for Trees
- Palm Tree Trimming
- Palm Tree Removal
- Commercial Tree Services
- Residential Tree Services
- Tree Doctor
- Emergency Tree Removal
- Stump Grinding
- Storm Damage
There are so many areas or regions where we offer these services with most of them being cities. However, if you need any of these services, you need to contact us. The list below comprises of the areas where we offer these services.
Feel free to place your order and receive your free quotation now!